Bacon Veg-Out Soup
Bacon, vegetables, TASTE
- RYVITA® Sweet Onion Crispbread
- 2 pints pork stock (or chicken if you prefer)
- 2 carrots, cubed or sliced or chunked
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- tin chopped tomatoes
- large handful mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 rashers bacon, sliced, diced or use lardons
- Large knob butter
Fry the onions in the butter, gradually adding the bacon, celery and garlic and finally mushrooms. Pop in the stock, then the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil then simmer for 2 hours. Season to taste.
For exceptional taste, use organic ingredients. If you favour any of the ingredients, add more of that particular one.