Cheats Thai style butternut squash soup
Spicy, hearty, wholesome and easy peasy to make. Save time and money by using Thai green curry paste rather than separate spices. Alternatively use a whole pumpkin instead of butternut squash. Cut the top off, Jack O'Lantern style, scoop out the flesh and return the soup to the pumpkin for serving at the table
- RYVITA® Pumpkin Seeds & Oats Crispbread
- 1 large or 2 small butternut squashes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Olive oil
- 1 onion diced.
- 3-4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 green chilli (optional for some extra heat)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 800ml vegetable stock
- Creme fraiche and fresh coriander to garnish
1. Place the squash in a tin and toss in a little bit of olive oil, and put in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees. Put the kettle on, put your feet up and have a cup of tea and wait until it is soft and golden 2. Heat a pan with a little more olive oil and soften the onion for about 5 minutes, then add the curry paste. 3. Add the cooked squash and the rest of the ingredients – use the coconut milk can to measure the vegetable stock. 4. Cook for a further 5-10mins, then remove from heat and whizz with a blender until smooth. 5. Return to the heat, add chopped fresh coriander and a swirl of crème fraiche and serve piping hot pumpkin seeds and oats crispbread.