Karen's Celery Soup
A warming winter soup with a little kick.
- RYVITA® Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 head celery
- 1 onion
- 1/3 green chili (de-seeded)
- 1/4 tsp (approx) English mustard
- 1 chicken stock cube (I use Knorr)
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh milk or single cream (optional)
1. Thinly slice 2-3 tablespoons celery and reserve. 2. Roughly cut up remaining vegetables, and boil in 2 inches of water until soft. 3. Put mustard, stock cube and freshly ground black pepper into blender. 4. Scoop vegetables into blender, and blend until smooth adding some of the cooking water as necessary. 5. Boil reserved celery in remaining cooking water until just tender. 6. Return all ingredients to the saucepan, and warm through. If desired, add a little milk or cream at this stage, but do not allow soup to boil.