Valentine Warner's Sunflower Seed & Oat Crispbread Crumble
Valentine Warner's RYVITA® Sunflower Seeds and Oats Crispbread Crumble made with honeyed apples, sultanas and dates with a zing of orange, a dollop of clotted cream and a sprinkle of nuts is the perfect end to a summer’s eve. Perfect served with dessert wine.
- RYVITA® Sunflower Seed & Oats Crispbread
- 4 RYVITA® Sunflower Seeds & Oats Crispbread
- 2 small coxes apples, peeled cored and roughly chopped small
- 3 tbs dark runny honey
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 3tbs sultanas
- 1 small thumb ginger, finely chopped
- 5 tbs water
- 6 tbs clotted cream
- 6 dates, stoned and roughly chopped
- 8 walnuts (optional), roughly chopped
- Small amount of orange zest, finely grated
Put the apples in a small pan with the water, honey, ginger, lemon juice and sultanas. Bring to a simmer and cook the apples for about 12 minutes until any obvious watery element has evaporated and the apples are stewed and tender. Add a splash of extra water while cooking if needs be. Allow the apple mixture to cool. Chop the dates and the walnuts roughly. When the apple is still faintly warm spread one tablespoon and a half of clotted cream on each crispbread. Cover with a layer of the apple mixture, then scatter over a few pieces of date and walnut, and a few flecks of orange rind.