Mark Sargeant’s Salt Beef, Watercress and Dill Pickle
Why not serve succulent salt beef, peppery watercress and a dollop of dill pickle on Ryvita® Dark Rye Crispbread as a temptingly tasty canapé for an outside, candle lit soirée.
- RYVITA® Dark Rye Crispbread
- 800g Cooked salt beef
- 80g Young, peppery watercress, picked and cleaned
- 10 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Large dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp Cider vinegar
- 2tsp English mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon and the juice of half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pull the salt beef into thick strands (this is easier to do if the beef is at room temperature) and set aside. Now make the dressing. Put the vinegar, mustard, garlic, zest, juice and oil in a bowl, then whisk to emulsify. Add the beef to the dressing and coat well, then leave to steep for a minute or so. Add the radishes, dill pickles and watercress to the beef and toss gently, then pile between four rye Ryvita. Season well with black pepper and just a touch of sea salt.