Chicken coated in a Rye Cake Crumb
This tomato and rocket salad with chicken coated in a Rye Cake crumb is great healthy dinner for two.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Handful plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 10 RYVITA® Multigrain Rye Cakes, finely ground in the food processor
- 10g Fresh parmesan
- 200g Bag wild rocket leaves
- Handful baby tomatoes, halved
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil (for the salad)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (for the salad)
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 6/200C (180C in a fan oven). Sit each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film and bash with the side of a rolling pin until flattened. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. For the coating, tip out the flour onto a plate and the egg onto a separateplate.
3. Mix the ground Rye Cake and Parmesan together and tip onto a third plate.
4. Dust each chicken breast in flour then pass it through the egg to coat each side then cover it completely with the ground Rye Cake mixture.
5. In a large frying pan, heat a little oil to hot and add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the underside is golden then turn and cook the other side for the same or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer them to a roasting tin and put them in the oven for about 5 minutes while you make the salad.
6. Toss the rocket leaves, tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and seasoning together. Transfer the chicken to serving plates and serve with the salad, a wedge of lemon and garnish the chicken with the parsley.
Cook’s tip: You can keep the ground Rye cake mixture in the freezer and use straight from the freezer as you would breadcrumbs. Great for chicken nuggets, fish cakes, as a crispy topping or a thickener.