Vietnamese Style Chicken Rye Cake Topping
This Vietnamese style chicken topping is a great way to pack in a variety of vegetables into your lunch!
- 1 Chicken Breast
- ½ Pale Green Hard Cabbage, shredded
- ½ Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- RYVITA® Multigrain Rye Cakes or RYVITA® Lightly Salted Rye Cakes
- Radish, finely sliced
- 1 Red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced lengthways, put in cold water to cover (optional)
- Few cress leaves for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp. Mirin
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
1. Add the chicken to a saucepan pan of water, season with a pinch of salt, bring to the boil then cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Pierce it with a knife, if the juices run clear it is cooked, if not cook for a little longer. Remove from heat and remove chicken from water and leave it to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice and finely shred it.
2. Add the cabbages and carrot to a large bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together in a jug or small bowl, taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add the chicken and dressing to the cabbage and stir well so it all gets coated.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the Rye cakes then top with sliced radish, sprinkle over the chilli and top with spring onion curls and cress if using.